Thursday, July 29, 2004

Sigh...today is only Thursday, can't wait for it to be Saturday already...oh yeah went for my orientation on Tuesday, met Ailin at Paya Lebar MRT station, by the time we reached Tekka Mall, it was already about 6.40pm, we realised tat we only have a few more minutes to eat our dinner before the orientation starts at 7pm! As we wanted to avoid eating BK, we decided to eat yong tau foo at the food court....we ate like there's no tomorrow, but yet we couldn't finish our food! The soup was super hot and the bee hoon was never ending! It was such a comical sight and we learnt our lesson, never eat soupy stuffs when u are rushing....its super torturing! Haha...
Anyway went for the orientation, and it was nothing much, it was more on telling us about SHRI and about Curtin uni. And the whole thing ended at 8pm! Ailin and I were both super "dui", in a sense tat we should have eaten our dinner after the whole thing was over, but we had totally no clue wat time it would end...sigh... wat a day...but still can't wait for classes to start...
 
Anyway, was reading a friend's blog and she commented on how she felt restrained by her over protective mum, as she's not really able to travel overseas with her friends, or school...well,
i agree tat it can get pretty frustrating when parents restrict your freedom, but in this case, i guess the main reason is LOVE. For me, my mum does not restrict my freedom at all, which i am grateful to her, its jus tat from time to time...maybe she will tell me to spend more time at home, and tat she misses me...I understand how she feels, as the home is really pretty quiet. Even like now, i'm gonna start classes soon, which means even lesser time of being at home...in fact i really do feel bad about tat...
 
I guess being an adult (21 yrs and above), one will usually feel tat they shouldn't be controlled by their parents anymore, and jus live their own lives...but probably if we switch shoes and be in our parents' role, we will understand tat no matter how old we are, be it 5 months or even 50 years of age, we will still always remain a "baby" in their eyes.
I can jus imagine my mum's worry when i'm away, constantly checking her hp to see if she missed any calls from me, or even waiting up till the wee hours of the nite till i'm back or call....jus to make sure tat i am safe... i guess rite now, we may not be able to appreciate or rather take for granted wat our love ones have done for us. As wat the saying goes "familarity breeds contempt". How about taking a minute to sit down and really think through the moments tat we snap at them or tell them to stop nagging.... jus becos they are concern for us, its really not their fault...
 
Yeah, u may say tat being on the outside world, you will be able to be more independent, and grow, and yeah definitely, it will change your character... but i guess, sometimes, these things are really not worth it, when they affect your loves ones, and people around u tat are concern for u... how about looking at other areas to grow??? Like for me, i always have this wish to go overseas to study, for the experience, or even to work there.... and definitely, its also my wish to be able to migrate..cos life in singapore is getting tiring... but then wat will happen to my mum?? If she's alone here, i gotta change my plans, unless she's going with me... i can't be so bent on going and jus leave her here alone.... I will be GUILT STRICKEN for sure! Even let's talk about staying in a different place when i get married, frankly speaking, i'm not sure i bear to do tat too...if i'm buying a new house... most likely i will get her to go with me...instead of having the constant worry of her being by herself....watever heppens to her, i will not know immediately unless i visit her... which in any case, might be too late....she's not getting any younger.... 
 
Another thing is tat, communication is important here, if we absolutely have to do something tat is against our parents'  idea, i guess we can try to talk to them, and try to get them to understand, i'm sure this will be very much better...

Okie, think i should stop here. To whoever tat is reading this entry, please jus take it as a discussion, based on my personal feelings, not something tat i'm confronting u about, these are jus some thots tat i'm pondering about, which applies to everyone... u are free to leave any comments! =P
 
Lastly, i jus wanna thank mummy for everything, there are times when i can't stand your nagging, your sensitive nature, but still, you are always my mummy, and I LOVE U! I know i do not show this enough to u, but u should know lah huh.... =P Btw i think the quote below, really applies to how our parents care for us... have a great day all!

"If you doubt tat Jesus cares, remember his tears"



Lady Syl scribbled at 10:37 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FactS Of AbsoLuTelY Me...

Who am I: Sylvia Liu

My favourite places:
Mei Chin Primary School
Broadrick Secondary School
Nanyang Polytechnic
Curtin University of Technology

Horoscope: Libra - Scorpio

Favourite colour: Yellow

Interests: Books, Greek mythologies, movies, shopping, hair, travelling, clarinets, salsa dance, Human Resources, Psychology, dogs

Location: Singapore

Family culture: My family and relatives practise kissing on cheeks and hugging. Some may find it weird, or tat we are too "ang-moish", but tat's how we express love.

Character: Wateva u perceive me to be... I shouldn't be praising myself, nor should I be condemning myself either

Wat else:
A gurl who may look aloof and reserved to u initially, but after the warm up session is over, will turn into a talkative person tat u may not be able to tolerate eventually. Turns uncontrollably into a replica of an alien when provoked(close friends and family members can vouch for tat). A narcissist...a nostalgic person...Absolutely affectionate to my chums, and hope tat my feelings are reciprocated...but i know they are, cos i have a bunch of alter egos tat have left wonderful footprints in my life(u know who u are).