Saturday, August 28, 2004

I've never felt more blissful i think.... after knowing tat everything is well with me and tat friend of mine with the black face, hahah! Okie i'm mean, now she has a "normal" face again...boy am i relieved! Anyway, i'm glad tat everything has been resolved, and we are back to being the best of friends again...

This got me reminisicing about a problem between us a couple of years back... somehow she sent me a letter telling me tat she does not wanna be friends anymore, and she didn't state the reason why in the letter...can u imagine wat i was feeling at tat point in time??? I was so clueless... I tried some attempts to get her to talk to me... but i guess at tat time, she felt tat there wasn't a need to talk about anything. Finally, i was thinking, okie, this is the last straw, i'm gonna write her a letter, telling her tat this is the last time i'm trying to reconcile our friendship, if she's not gonna respond to it, then i guess its really over... although i was really breaking inside... there was really no point dragging on... And i was really happy when she called me, and told me tat she was willing to talk it out... at least i know there's some hope...

I always feel tat as friends, if we have a problem, its best to talk it out...and solve everything, instead of dragging the whole problem, and then eventually we won't be on talking terms at all, and there goes the whole friendship... After we had a supper long talk at the beach, on top of one of the wave breakers, everything was cleared, and we have been best of friends since.... another point i would like to add is tat, this usually bring a friendship closer, becos we'll understand each other better! Yay! I was feeling sooo esctatic when the bad air was over!

So ever since then, and i also reminded her now, tat i want her to be completely frank with me... jus don't ignore me like i don't exsist. Oh well, i guess i also made a rite move of meeting up with her for an hour during her dinner break from work.... somehow i feel tat tat was a very fruitful hour. It was jus for a miserable hour, but its really enough...Tat hug at the end of the meeting was like a confirmation tat all is well... :) I was smiling my way to the taxi stand after tat... =p

Okies, i'm gonna have the lyrics to a song tat i feel is really meaningful for a friendship, and this is how i feel towards this pal of mine =p:

I Turn to You - Christina Aguilera

When I'm lost...in the rain
In your eyes I know I'll find the light
To light my way
When I'm scared
Losing ground
When my world is going crazy
You can turn it all around
And when I'm down you're there
Pushing me to the top
You're always there giving me all you've got

For a shield, from the storm
For a friend, for a love to keep me safe and warm
I turn to you
For the strength, to be strong
For the will to carry on
For everything you do
For everything that's trueI turn to you-ooh

When I lose...the will to win
I just reach for you
And I can reach the sky again
I can do anything
'Cause your love is so amazing'
Cause your love inspires me
And when I need a friend
You're always on my side
Giving me faith taking me through the night

For a shield, from the storm
For a friend, for a love
To keep me safe and warm
I turn to youFor the strength, to be strong
For the will to carry on
For everything you doI turn to you-ooh, yeah ooh

For the arms to be my shelter
Through all the rain
For truth that will never change
For someone to lean on
For a heart I can rely on through anything
For the one who...I can run to...oh right

For a shield from the storm
For a friend, for a love
To keep me safe and warm, yeah yeah
I turn to you
For the strength to be strong
For the will to carry on
For everything you do
For everything that's true
For everything you do
For everything that's true
I turn to you...ooh.

"A friend loves at all times,and a brother is born for adversity" Proverbs 17:17



Lady Syl scribbled at 12:27 PM

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FactS Of AbsoLuTelY Me...

Who am I: Sylvia Liu

My favourite places:
Mei Chin Primary School
Broadrick Secondary School
Nanyang Polytechnic
Curtin University of Technology

Horoscope: Libra - Scorpio

Favourite colour: Yellow

Interests: Books, Greek mythologies, movies, shopping, hair, travelling, clarinets, salsa dance, Human Resources, Psychology, dogs

Location: Singapore

Family culture: My family and relatives practise kissing on cheeks and hugging. Some may find it weird, or tat we are too "ang-moish", but tat's how we express love.

Character: Wateva u perceive me to be... I shouldn't be praising myself, nor should I be condemning myself either

Wat else:
A gurl who may look aloof and reserved to u initially, but after the warm up session is over, will turn into a talkative person tat u may not be able to tolerate eventually. Turns uncontrollably into a replica of an alien when provoked(close friends and family members can vouch for tat). A narcissist...a nostalgic person...Absolutely affectionate to my chums, and hope tat my feelings are reciprocated...but i know they are, cos i have a bunch of alter egos tat have left wonderful footprints in my life(u know who u are).