Friday, August 20, 2004

Morning to all....jus had an impulsive need to blog...although i'm supposed to be serious at work rite now...but HECK! =p

As i was on my way to work on the bus this morning, as usual, i read my daily bread, and after tat, i will have my daily chats, rantings...etc with HIM. Jus to digress...i always feel better after doing tat always...
Okie back to the topic...halfway through my chat, i noticed 2 ladies tat got onto the bus, i see them occassionally if i managed to take an early bus (yes, i'm late ever so often). To me, they look like sisters, although of cos i can't be sure. However, one of them is a spastic...both of them are really quite elderly already...i would say in their 50s, if not, 60s...and the other would always be with her, taking the bus to dunno where....the thing is, the "normal" lady would always have a scrowl on her face, like she's facing the hardest burden in the whole world. I started to really observe the both of them, the spastic sister will always have a smile or a cheeky grin on her face, like she's jus a kid, all out to have fun, joy and laughter. It feels as if she does not have a problem at all, like she's totally free, the only problem is probably how to have fun & joy. And as wat i noticed, fun or enjoyment to her, can be as simple as finding a seat on the bus... she will find a 2-seater seat and rush to it, so tat both she and her sister can sit together, and there u have it, a big grin on her face....while her sister will be there scrowling at her for being "naughty". I was thinking... different people will have different perspective about this matter. To some people, they may pity the spastic lady, or think tat life is unfair to her, to some extreme people, they might even think tat spastics are cursed or watever...but to me, people like her are the luckiest people around, cos they won't know wat worry is, and will not have a care at all about social problems, won't care at how others will think about them, in fact they seem to put complete trust on anyone who treats them well... They are like such carefree souls...so child like....to the extend tat i envy them....

As for the "normal" sister, maybe she finds it a terrible burden to be plagued with such a sister, and tat she has to take care of her her whole life...to me, if i'm in her shoes, yes, maybe i have to take care of my sister my whole life...i won't have much life...maybe i might ask God the big question everyday "WHY??!!", or complain loads tat life is unfair to me... but i guess, looking at my sister's happy face...her child like innocence, will somehow brighten up my day, i may even laugh together with her, do crazy things with her, act stupid together, not caring to hoots wat other will think about me... i think somehow, this will make me feel and look younger! I guess, scrowling everyday will not help or improve things at all....

Then i remembered, i was still chatting halfway to HIM, so i decided to talk to him about it...Then i realise, tat we should be like the spastic sister, or spastics, for tat matter, when it comes to believing in Christ...we should be happy and optimistic even though we have problems, cos God will make a way where there seems to be no way...to trust in Him wholeheartedly, to have child like faith in Him... cos we know tat He's always working behind the scenes to guide us...He wants us to come to Him whenever we have problems, not only tat, to also share our happiness and joy...He's always waiting for us to accept Him into our life... I once read this: He's always waiting outside our door, waiting patiently, quietly....not forceful...waiting for us to open our door, then will He step into our threshold...i remember being so touched by this statement... tears can well up in my eyes jus by thinking about tat, cos i know His tender mercies and His loving kindness is with me day after day...

"When all my labors and trials are o'er, and I am safe on that beautiful shore, Just to be near the dear Lord I adore will through the ages be glory for me" Gabriel
God gives grace for this life and glory in the life to come....


Lady Syl scribbled at 9:49 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FactS Of AbsoLuTelY Me...

Who am I: Sylvia Liu

My favourite places:
Mei Chin Primary School
Broadrick Secondary School
Nanyang Polytechnic
Curtin University of Technology

Horoscope: Libra - Scorpio

Favourite colour: Yellow

Interests: Books, Greek mythologies, movies, shopping, hair, travelling, clarinets, salsa dance, Human Resources, Psychology, dogs

Location: Singapore

Family culture: My family and relatives practise kissing on cheeks and hugging. Some may find it weird, or tat we are too "ang-moish", but tat's how we express love.

Character: Wateva u perceive me to be... I shouldn't be praising myself, nor should I be condemning myself either

Wat else:
A gurl who may look aloof and reserved to u initially, but after the warm up session is over, will turn into a talkative person tat u may not be able to tolerate eventually. Turns uncontrollably into a replica of an alien when provoked(close friends and family members can vouch for tat). A narcissist...a nostalgic person...Absolutely affectionate to my chums, and hope tat my feelings are reciprocated...but i know they are, cos i have a bunch of alter egos tat have left wonderful footprints in my life(u know who u are).