Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Yesterday after work, i was walking hastily to Paya Lebar MRT, as i was late for an appointment. Its all becos of the irritating traffic jam along the way, and the usual peak hour crowd....shucks...anyway, like i said, as i was making my way to the train station, i looked up into the sky, and i sucked in my breath suddenly...u must be thinking tat something's wrong with me...but no, i was overwhelmed, becos i was taken in by the sunset sky! It was such a breath-taking view tat i wished i had more time to jus stand there for a while and enjoy...

No doubt tat there was no beach in sight, no mountains, no lakes to compliment the already beautiful sky...only industrial buildings, which photographers won't exactly call it scenenic, but to me, it was jus wonderful, the sky was coloured with purplish, reddish and orangy streaks! I was cursing under my breath for not haveing the camera with me at tat point in time.

As i carried on my way to the train station, i was thinking tat its so seldom tat we get to really appreciate mother nature anymore....nobody ever stops to smell the flowers...well, i guess, this could be due to the lack of attractive flowers we have in singapore, except the botanic gardens... but ever so often, we are so preoccupied with work, studies, commitments, money, achievements...tat nothing else matters... I personally think this is sad, cos the awesome beauty tat God has created are meant to be awed at, meant to be appreciated, jus meant for us to bask in the wonders of such scenery. And i believe we should make time for tat more often, get away from the hectic life for a while, away from all tat stress, and jus relax and enjoy the view... In fact i personally feel tat it also comes as a good time to get our loved ones to sit somewhere and enjoy the scenery together, spending time together, jus think about life, about sentimental memories...its theraputic definitely!

Sometimes i envy those who are living in the rural areas of other countries...firstly, life is more relaxed, secondly, they get to enjoy mother nature all the time! And i think they live longer...sigh...i guess living in urban areas and rural areas each have pros and cons, there can never be a perfect life, as wat my dad always say, this is GOD'S GIFT OF COMPENSATION.

Okie, tonite it seems tat i'm gonna meet up with a number of my secondary school classmates tat i have not met in decades! I dunno whether to anticipate it, or to dread it, cos after all...i really dunno wat to expect...but i guess, i will only know it tonite!! Okies...gotta work! Sux! Oops...i shouldn't complain...

"In the wonders of creation, we see God at work"


Lady Syl scribbled at 10:06 AM

5 Comments:

  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Fifi Zhang said…

    Hey Syl... Perhaps you may have forgotten your Handphone (the camera) ??? Hmm... Oh yah... Can we go to Pasir Ris Wild Wild Wet or was it Wet Wet Wild??? Go lah.... Go lah..... :)

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Syl - Breseis said…

    My phone does not have a camera hl...i'm not tat rich yet, haha...waiting for u to buy for me?? Buy lah buy lah!
    When u wanna go?? u are so afraid of the sun, u sure u wanna go????

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Fifi Zhang said…

    Hmph... Who says I'm scared of the sun? Bleah... Who's scared of the nasty sun, bright stupid sun, HEY!! HEY!!! ahahahah ... Weekend lor... But go early hor... Must "persuade" the rest to go... >_<

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Syl - Breseis said…

    haha hmm....later we'll try your "persuading" skills on them, see if its successful! Haha...good luck leh!

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Syl - Breseis said…

    Thanks Syl! Haha...took me quite some time to find a background tat i really fancy! =P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

FactS Of AbsoLuTelY Me...

Who am I: Sylvia Liu

My favourite places:
Mei Chin Primary School
Broadrick Secondary School
Nanyang Polytechnic
Curtin University of Technology

Horoscope: Libra - Scorpio

Favourite colour: Yellow

Interests: Books, Greek mythologies, movies, shopping, hair, travelling, clarinets, salsa dance, Human Resources, Psychology, dogs

Location: Singapore

Family culture: My family and relatives practise kissing on cheeks and hugging. Some may find it weird, or tat we are too "ang-moish", but tat's how we express love.

Character: Wateva u perceive me to be... I shouldn't be praising myself, nor should I be condemning myself either

Wat else:
A gurl who may look aloof and reserved to u initially, but after the warm up session is over, will turn into a talkative person tat u may not be able to tolerate eventually. Turns uncontrollably into a replica of an alien when provoked(close friends and family members can vouch for tat). A narcissist...a nostalgic person...Absolutely affectionate to my chums, and hope tat my feelings are reciprocated...but i know they are, cos i have a bunch of alter egos tat have left wonderful footprints in my life(u know who u are).