Thursday, August 12, 2004

Today will be the last day in office for PM Goh Chok Tong....and tomorrow, incoming PM, Lee Hsien Loong will take over...i can't believe tat in a breeze, 14 years have passed by for PM Goh...tat means 14 years have also passed by for me, since 1990... I still remember tat even as a really young gal then, i was having doubts tat PM Goh will be as good as our Senior Minister Lee Kwan Yew, boy... I was really wrong!

No doubt tat SM Lee ruled with an iron hand, and this was how he got things done for the goodness of Singapore. However PM Goh took a different approach, he was soft spoken, calm, composed and never once was he caught loosing his temper, other then jus the thinning of his lips. So much so tat he was labelled "The People's Prime Minister". And how i admire him for tat... I've read a number of articles tat are tributes to him, and it really touched my heart... Singaporeans should be damn appreciative of a PM like him, cos he's the best PM any country can have. Of cos, we shouldn't forget SM Lee, he is DA MAN of Singapore, he was the one tat made Singapore like wat we are now... we don't need any other countries to take over us, we are one independent nation, being "abandoned" in 1965 was a darn blessing in disguise... this is like a rags to riches kinda story, haha....

Not to mention, PM Goh is also the MP for Marine Parade, and i'm so proud to say, I STAY IN MARINE PARADE!! Haha... whenever friends realise tat i'm staying at Marine Parade, they will start saying:"Whoa, Goh Chok Tong area leh" Haha...and i will go:"Yesh!"...and I really love Marine Parade...such a nice place to stay, and of cos, East Coast Beach is jus an underground tunnel away! I remember, tat there was one year where i went with my school to the National Stadium to watch an event(can't remember wat event), PM Goh was the guest of Honour, i actually teared when he arrived! Cos i was so overjoyed to see him... I guess no other people should be qualified as Singapore Idol, but our 2 man, PM Goh and SM Lee!

Now tat PM Goh is stepping down, we will always remember the 14 years tat he took us through...he was also the one tat went through with us during difficult times, such as recession and sars. He made a promise tat he will only step down once Singapore's economy picks up, and he's keeping his promise....an admirable man....With incoming PM, Lee Hsien Loong taking over, there is this feeling of deja vu tat i had in 1990, when Goh Chok Tong was taking over....but anyhow, i guess he will still be pretty much involved in the cabinet, as he's gonna be the new Senior Minister, while SM Lee will become Minister Mentor....

Okies....i hereby wish outgoing PM Goh all the best, and welcome incoming PM Lee!

"It's better to give others a piece of your heart than a piece of your mind."


Lady Syl scribbled at 9:44 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FactS Of AbsoLuTelY Me...

Who am I: Sylvia Liu

My favourite places:
Mei Chin Primary School
Broadrick Secondary School
Nanyang Polytechnic
Curtin University of Technology

Horoscope: Libra - Scorpio

Favourite colour: Yellow

Interests: Books, Greek mythologies, movies, shopping, hair, travelling, clarinets, salsa dance, Human Resources, Psychology, dogs

Location: Singapore

Family culture: My family and relatives practise kissing on cheeks and hugging. Some may find it weird, or tat we are too "ang-moish", but tat's how we express love.

Character: Wateva u perceive me to be... I shouldn't be praising myself, nor should I be condemning myself either

Wat else:
A gurl who may look aloof and reserved to u initially, but after the warm up session is over, will turn into a talkative person tat u may not be able to tolerate eventually. Turns uncontrollably into a replica of an alien when provoked(close friends and family members can vouch for tat). A narcissist...a nostalgic person...Absolutely affectionate to my chums, and hope tat my feelings are reciprocated...but i know they are, cos i have a bunch of alter egos tat have left wonderful footprints in my life(u know who u are).