Friday, September 24, 2004

Shirley Shirley Bo Berly, Banana Fana Fo Ferly, Fe Fi Mo Merly...Shirley! Think most of u should remember this as the Name Game song rite... pretty interesting i must say... this song suddenly occured to me, cos a good friend of mine was looking for a suitable english name for herself... and we were like going through the list of names we can find on the internet. I saw some names tat i felt were really quite unique... and i was thinking... hmmm...maybe i should have a change of name, after being known as Sylvia for the past 22 years of my life..

My dad was so bent on naming me Sylvia?and I wonder why? As a young gal? I was always so fed up with people or friends who couldn't pronounce my name properly, or at least acceptably... so I would often blame my parents for naming me Sylvia. Worse still... I didn't like my Chinese name too... in fact till now I still don't. They wanted to name me Huiyu initially, but decided against it, cuz the fortune - teller told me tat "yu" which means "Jade" was not suitable, and therefore not good... resulting in my name now... sigh... However I grew to like the name "Sylvia" eventually...

I dunno if it's feasible to change... I think none of my friends would ever be used to calling me by the new name... they would go "Syl! Oops! I forgot you have a new name"... Haha...Its like so crapadeedodade... =P

I'm attracted to the names: Cheyenne, Shaelyn, Lindsay, Jadyn, Lauryn. Hee...I know my friends will end up protesting tat its not me at all... and tat I should jus stick to Sylvia... I can almost hear them exclaiming "Syl!! Don?t be a twit!!" But it's all a matter of some getting use to rite??? =p Anyways, this is jus a thot... anybody care to comment please??? The blog is getting quiet!! Haha... for all you know, the next time you see me, you might be addressing me by my new name! Hmmm... I'm beginning to laugh at tat thot... Come to think of it, I may not even get used to it myself! Imagine me informing everyone...

"Hi everybody, from now onwards, my name is no more Sylvia, please address me as Cheyenne. And I won't acknowledge anyone who still insists on calling me Sylvia. You have been warned, thank you and have a great day!"

Yeah yeah I'm a twit, I know... =p


Lady Syl scribbled at 1:56 PM

2 Comments:

  • At 1:11 AM, Blogger Jiatine said…

    oh please loh...i will still call you sylvia. used to it! and by the way, 'huimei' is ok what...really. i do not find anything wrong abt it. so i will still call you SYLVIA!!! hee

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Syl - Breseis said…

    Hehe...fine fine...Sylvia it shall stay...sighs...i've got so many protests already through msn...they all went "Stick to Sylvia for goodness sake!!" But i still don't like Huimei...nah uh! Nvm... link me up with Zhang Huimei every one!! Yeah baby! =P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

FactS Of AbsoLuTelY Me...

Who am I: Sylvia Liu

My favourite places:
Mei Chin Primary School
Broadrick Secondary School
Nanyang Polytechnic
Curtin University of Technology

Horoscope: Libra - Scorpio

Favourite colour: Yellow

Interests: Books, Greek mythologies, movies, shopping, hair, travelling, clarinets, salsa dance, Human Resources, Psychology, dogs

Location: Singapore

Family culture: My family and relatives practise kissing on cheeks and hugging. Some may find it weird, or tat we are too "ang-moish", but tat's how we express love.

Character: Wateva u perceive me to be... I shouldn't be praising myself, nor should I be condemning myself either

Wat else:
A gurl who may look aloof and reserved to u initially, but after the warm up session is over, will turn into a talkative person tat u may not be able to tolerate eventually. Turns uncontrollably into a replica of an alien when provoked(close friends and family members can vouch for tat). A narcissist...a nostalgic person...Absolutely affectionate to my chums, and hope tat my feelings are reciprocated...but i know they are, cos i have a bunch of alter egos tat have left wonderful footprints in my life(u know who u are).