Friday, October 29, 2004

Listen to the rythm of the falling rain....pitter patter... pitter patter... tat's wat i have been listening to for days... to some, a rainy day represents a gloomy day... but to me, i have never thought for a moment tat its gloomy... I love breathing in the fresh cool air tat comes after the rain has fallen... i love the cosy feeling of snuggling under the covers when there's a thunder storm outside my window, its even better if there's a good novel lying around... it feels comfortable to have a bowl of hot sizzling Maggie mee or a hot cuppa chocolate or tea when the weather is cold... I also love the smell of rain... all these factors make me appreciate the rain. Not to mention, it cools down the perpetually hot and humid weather of Singapore.

December is approaching... the whole year is flying by in a flash, soon it will be 2005. It seemed like jus yesterday when I celebrated the birth of Christ and new year of 2004, and its almost time to celebrate again, there are even Christmas decors lining the streets of Orchard already! Unbelievable... age is catching up with me... and I'm feeling ancient at the ripe old age of 22. Absurd you might say?=D But I love December, it's a month of festive seasons, festive seasons, means public holidays, public holidays means no work... =D Not forgetting, its all about having loads of fun, and gatherings with friends and family. Of cos, pressies are added bonus, haha! And my favourite festive season of all times, Christmas Day... I'm always feeling happy on Christmas! However, since young, I always think tat Christmas can be a real depressing day for loners... and I'm pretty much sure, it is...

Christmas, a time to celebrate the birth of Christ, a time to tell your friends and loved ones how much they are being appreciated... a time to wear all your lovely new clothes... a time to bask in each other's company... a time to enjoy Christmas carols... which reminds me, I always shed a tear or two when I sing along with church goers... especially to the song "O Night Divine"...

Great... now I can't wait for Christmas Day already!

"To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead" Bertrand Russell


Lady Syl scribbled at 11:41 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FactS Of AbsoLuTelY Me...

Who am I: Sylvia Liu

My favourite places:
Mei Chin Primary School
Broadrick Secondary School
Nanyang Polytechnic
Curtin University of Technology

Horoscope: Libra - Scorpio

Favourite colour: Yellow

Interests: Books, Greek mythologies, movies, shopping, hair, travelling, clarinets, salsa dance, Human Resources, Psychology, dogs

Location: Singapore

Family culture: My family and relatives practise kissing on cheeks and hugging. Some may find it weird, or tat we are too "ang-moish", but tat's how we express love.

Character: Wateva u perceive me to be... I shouldn't be praising myself, nor should I be condemning myself either

Wat else:
A gurl who may look aloof and reserved to u initially, but after the warm up session is over, will turn into a talkative person tat u may not be able to tolerate eventually. Turns uncontrollably into a replica of an alien when provoked(close friends and family members can vouch for tat). A narcissist...a nostalgic person...Absolutely affectionate to my chums, and hope tat my feelings are reciprocated...but i know they are, cos i have a bunch of alter egos tat have left wonderful footprints in my life(u know who u are).